Potluck with the cousins

It was potluck lunch with the cousins today. There was a wonderful turn out with 8 women and their children getting together for great food and company. Menu today started off with cheese and liver pate with crackers and then we moved onto the main course of Vietnamese chicken, broiled garlic shrimp, coleslaw, sugar snap peas served with long grain white rice.



Surprisingly we still had room for all the delicious desserts. We had the good...healthy fruit... along with the bad...sweet, decadent cake and cookies. Most of the food was homemade. I love these opportunities to try new recipes and to test the other girls' cooking skills. I have to admit that my cousins are much better cooks than I.
Needless to say I will not be eating much dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment