Vietnamese Pho

It was a pretty busy day today. First Jasmine's birthday party and then dinner with my in-laws. My mother-in-law had a stroke last year so we often go out to eat instead of making them cook. Our usual dinner with them is Vietnamese food. It's so tasty and the soup is perfect for a cold, winter night. The bowl pictured above is an extra large raw beef and chicken pho. Pho is the most popular dish in Vietnamese restaurants. My two sons shared this one.



My daughter is like me and doesn't like soup so she order grilled beef on rice served with pickled veggies. I don't know what they use to marinate this but it is very tasty. It is usually topped with peanuts but since she was sharing with her brothers we asked them to leave them off since her brother is allergic.




This is my favourite. It's grilled pork chops and two spring rolls on top of vermicelli noodles. It is dry since I'm not a huge fan of soup. I love pouring the fish sauce concoction that they serve for the spring rolls all over my bowl. This dish is garnished with pickled veggies, cucumbers, lettuce and chopped peanuts. I'm a big fan of bbq and that's why it's such a nice treat in the winter to eat grilled meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment