Biryani Rice and Chicken

My cousin's daughter planned a surprise party for her mom last week. She's only eighteen so it was a potluck dinner thing. I LOVE potlucks! It's a great opportunity to try new foods and taste other people's "gourmet" dishes. I made some chicken souvlaki. It was delicious! But I had to SELL my dish to everyone. "Have you tried my chicken yet?", "It's really tender and juicy.", "Hey I didn't see you have any of my chicken!".

I'm sure by the end of the night people were turning corners as soon as they saw me coming! My favourite dish of the night was this Biryani Rice dish. I'll call it Sunita's Bestest Biryani Rice. I couldn't get enough of it! I was selling her rice as much as I sold my own. I NEED that recipe!!!

8 comments:

  1. This looks delicious. When you get the recipe I hope you'll share it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Indian food! Now I might have to go out for lunch, or put this on my dinner menu this week...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Just wanted to let you know that I've just posted the Biryani Rice recipe you asked for on Foodbuzz. You can check it out. I do not have any photos posted at this time. Do post one on your profile once you've made it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you still looking for a recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does look great! I'm so hungry right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I'm still looking for recipes for this. I would like to try a few different ones so if you have a great recipe please feel free to post a link to it here. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! It took years of steady "selling" to get my husband's family around to trying different food and now they're my biggest fans. Love rice dishes and yours sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete